Friday, December 17, 2010

My favorite photos from 2010







We don't usually send out Christmas letters with our cards, so I thought I would create a Christmas letter blog post of sorts, talking about the highlights from our year.

We had such a great year in 2010. Our family truly has so many things to be grateful for... our health, work, our sweet children, wonderful family and friends. Our hearts are full.

Niko turned 2 in February. Along with his growing independence he has developed a growing strong will. haha He keeps us on our toes, but I have to say he is such a joy. He loves rough housing, going on new adventures in the neighborhood, and ice cream.... or anything with sugar for that fact. He asks for a lollipop just about everyday, even though he only gets one about once a month. :) He attends a mother's day out program two mornings a week at a local church preschool. His teachers say he is on the quiet side, but loves to play with the other kids, go out side, and participate in art and singing. He is also the one in his class that already understands the spanish lessons. :)

Noah is almost 14 months... where does the time go. He has to be the cuddliest little thing ever. So, squeezable and soft. :) He is walking like a pro these days, and loves this new found freedom. He is also our little climber... always on top of something. The other day I ran into the bathroom for a quick moment, and came out to find him on the kitchen table. I have NO idea how he got up that high, but in a way I'm not surprised. He is very gentle, sweet, and fairly stubborn, much like his brother. He loves to smile, has 16 teeth already, and is the pickiest eater ever! He is also still fairly small in weight for his age but is average on his height so it looks like he is going to be the tall and lean type. :)

Pablo continues to work hard. He currently works for a company that makes gel mats for industrial kitchens, operating rooms, etc. He was hired on last December to be a project/product manager for their new line of kitchen appliances. The job is a blessing! When he's not working he spends 100% of his time with his family and on his hobbies. He is an amazing father, and husband, and we are so thankful for all he does.

I have stayed very busy this year adjusting to life as a mom of 2. These boys keep me busy like I never imagined. I am almost always searching for new balance in my life, but it's ok that it is not always there, this is just a season. A season that will pass all too quickly and before I know it my boys will have outgrown me and not need me as they do now. I will miss this time one day, and I work hard at embracing it even on the hardest of days. I continue to work as a freelance graphic and textile designer, but this year worked very part time. I also run my little etsy shop where I sell cards and kid's party items. It's fun and the perfect way to keep my foot in the design world!

Well, we hope you all had a wonderful 2010 as well.
Many blessings for 2011.

Love, Jayme (and family)

1 comment:

Haylee said...

Beautiful Post! Love you dear friend!