Wednesday, November 2, 2011

My little sunshine

On Oct. 27th, two years ago, I held you in my arms for the first time.  I immediately nicknamed you my sunshine, as you were my light on that sweet day.  We traveled a long road together those nine or 8 months that you were inside of me... the journey started with hospital stays due to dehydration and that fact that I couldn't even hold down water, and then on month 7 I went into preterm labor.  You can't imagine the emotions that flooded me that day... would you be ok, would you be born that day, would you survive?  I already loved you more then words can express, and I could not lose you or bear the thought that you could be born sickly.  So, I did the only thing I knew to do... I prayed to God that he would help you to stay where you were until you were healthy enough to live.

We sat and prayed for 27 days in the hospital... praying for your life, for your health.  On the 27th day, on a very rainy and gloomy day, you were born.  Immediately my world was filled with light, and you still are a light to me today.  Happy birthday my sweet Noah!  You will always be a light and joy in my life!

A little about Noah...



1) You are a super happy little boy, and your laugh is so contagious.
2) Your preschool teacher reports that you are everyone's friend and are very social.
3) You can throw a tantrum like I've never seen
4) You love playing games with your papa after work... monsters, hide and go seek, castles, chase...
5) You almost never stop moving.
6) Your favorite phrase right now is "thats pun!" for fun.
7) You LOVE your big brother and run up to hug him at spontaneous times or steal a toy he's playing with just to get him to chase you.
8) You are such a terrible listener that I thought you had a hearing problem when you were younger, but nope, you just choose to never acknowledge my requests. :)
9) You currently speak with a slight lisp, but gosh it sounds so adorable. 

I love you sweet boy!  My life would not be the same without you!

ox, mama